Diversity and Methods in European Social Work
The School of Social Work and Social Sciences, Ernst-Abbe-University of Applied Sciences Jena, will be host of the 15th International University Week from April 15th – 19th, 2013 in Jena (Germany).
We friendly invite international students from all European countries as well as university teachers to participate within our international program.
The IUW 2013 will focus on different aspects of social work and social policy in modern societies and include workshops, field‐related excursions as well as social activities and offers a chance to visit Jena (one of the oldest university towns in Germany), Weimar and Thueringia, the workplace and activity area of Schiller, Schiller, Goethe, Hegel, Nietzsche, Fichte, Schelling, Feuerbach and others of the “noble classic” as well as the cradle of “reform education” in Germany (Peter Petersen, Hermann Lietz, Friedrich Fröbel).
Highlights of the IUW 2013 in Jena
- Learn and work, celebrate and party within an international group of students and lecturers/academics;
- Interesting academic program: 16 workshops with an international as well as interdiciplinary angle of topics;
- Interesting sample of international lecturers and international students
- Excursions and field visits to institutions and facilities of Social Work in Jena and the surrounding area
- Socio-cultural activities and excursion to Weimar,
- Big welcome, meantime and fare well party with life music, dance and terrific food.
- Time to explore Jena and socialise with other international and host students
- A lot of fun, new contacts and deeper insights ……………….
For further information see program details (pp. 2), abstracts (under construction) and organizational notes. Admission for registered participants only. Registration is closed since Febr. 28, 2013:
- IUW 2013 Jena program
- IUW 2013 Jena abstracts
- IUW Jena 2013 Report English (Photos see below)
- IUW 2013 Jena – Feedback of international partners
Listed below you find the feedback/evaluation and reports of the IUW Jena 2010: