International University Week 2005
Professional methods in Social Work – an European Perspective?
The School of Social Work, University of Applied Sciences Jena, will be host of the 7th International University Week from May 09th – 13th, 2005 in Jena.
We friendly invite international students from all European countries as well as university teachers to participate within the International University Week 2005 in Jena. We especially call for participation of Universities within our Sokrates network, however, would like to encourage individuals, students as well as lectures from other institutions and academies to participate.
The IUW 2005 will focus on „Methods in Social Work“ and will include workshops and excursion to topics like
- Experienced based learning – Outdoor-Training
- Psycho-education – method of treatment and rehabilitation in psychiatry
- Social group work with delinquent youth
- Violence Prevention with school kids
- Coping with Stress in Social Work
- Introduction to mediative conflict management
- Methods of Quality Management in Social Work
- Professional Methods and Gender Issues
- Music-agogical Work – Role of Music in Social Work
- Case Management in Clinical Health Care
- Special approaches in child care: Reform Kindergardens in Jena
- Street social work – low threshold approaches in Social Work
Please contact our International Coordinator Prof. Dr. Thomas Trenczek